Jaguar designers have taken time to reflect on their experiences of the global pandemic in a series of films which look ahead with a positive mindset. During this hugely challenging time, everyone has had to make changes to their everyday lives and individually felt the impact of COVID-19 in many different ways. This uncertainty and upheaval has forced people to pause, taking stock of what matters and evaluating what adds meaning and purpose to their lives.
Although hugely disruptive and difficult, times of crisis can often accelerate innovation and nurture the emergence of greater creativity. In the films, five Jaguar designers consider how they could help contribute to a more positive vision for the future and share their pledges for creating lasting change:
- Julian Thomson, Design Director, emphasises the important role of design and positive creativity – https://youtu.be/SGz3T8YKOUo
- Lizete Druka, Senior Design Strategist, believes this is an opportunity to accelerate positive change – https://youtu.be/mHk05orQ08c
- Paven Patel, Exterior design Manager, is embracing the change that has brought people closer together https://youtu.be/d0fxWomPOOQ
- For Louise Thorburn, Colour & Materials Designer, the global pandemic has reprioritised what is important https://youtu.be/4QpkWExLxOM
- For Andrea Rosati, Brand Design Manager, it is an opportunity to challenge conventions and shape the future https://youtu.be/mJ8OsICxx20
Julian Thomson, Jaguar Design Director said: “The events of the last few months have given us a natural break where we have been able to step back from the hustle and bustle of everyday life and evaluate what’s special. I hope my team will come back refreshed, with new ideas and a greater clarity about what’s important in the world going forward.”