Honda Motor Co. Africa and Middle East Office announced the launch of the redesigned & refreshed 2018 Honda Odyssey J. Available across all Honda showrooms in the GCC, the 2018 Honda Odyssey J adds to the luxury and unrivaled comfort of the Honda Model range in the MPV segment. With a dynamic facelift, luxurious interiors and Honda Sensing features added, the 2018 Honda Odyssey J is the next generation minivan that sets the bar in automobile sophistication.
The 2018 Odyssey J was introduced keeping in mind the customer preferences of the Middle East Region. In terms of exterior styling the 2018 Odyssey J, has had a complete facelift that incorporates a newly redesigned front grille and front bumpers with lower garnish, which gives the car a unique presence. The LED Daytime Running Lights emphasize the sharp angular shape of the headlights and the LED Fog lights provide illumination in poor visibility weather conditions. The New design of the 17" Alloy Wheels, add a sophisticated touch to the 2018 Honda Odyssey J.
The 2018 Odyssey J keeps comfort and versatility as a top priority when it comes to interior styling and cabin environment. The Odyssey J can easily accommodate up to 8 passengers in the EX grade and 7 passengers in the EX-V grade as well as a multitude of cargo in different shapes and sizes. The design of the ceiling is such that it provides extra head room in all three rows of seats allowing passengers to position themselves comfortably during the ride.
New to the Odyssey J is the center console storage compartment where phones or a handbag can be stored at ease. The 2nd row seats also have a similar storage console where phones or refreshments can be placed.
In addition to the application of Captain Cradle Seats in the 2nd row for the EX-V grade which provides the ultimate in luxury travel with adjustable ottomans and armrests, the 2018 Honda Odyssey J also has independently reclining 3rd row seats. The 2nd row and 3rd row provide a number of seating and cargo combinations that ensure maximum comfort and utility to the Odyssey J’s passengers. The seating and cargo modes are:
- 6 Passenger mode
- 4 Passengers +Long Slide Mode
- 4 Passenger + Luggage Up Mode
- 2 Passengers + Luggage Up Mode
- Row 1-2 Arrange Mode
The Honda Odyssey J is also equipped with a 7-inch touch screen display audio system and boasts of a touch type A/C control panel, rear view camera, map light, Front, Rear and 3rd row A/c vents.
The refreshed Odyssey J is powered with the Earth Dreams Technology 2.4-liter, DOHC i-VTEC 4-cylinder engine and a Continuously Variable Transmission. The refreshed Odyssey J’s low center of gravity offers an extremely comfortable ride and smooth driving performance. The engine combines outstanding torque of 225N-m @ 4000 rpm and generates an output of power of 173hp @ 6200 rpm.
Body and Safety
The Odyssey J utilizes Honda’s Advanced Compatibility Engineering™ (ACE™) body structure technology to enhance occupant protection and crash compatibility. The Odyssey J now comes with improved body rigidity and now incorporates Honda active-safety features such as the Vehicle Stability Assist (VSA), Anti-Lock Brake Systems (ABS), Electronic Brake Distribution (EBD) and Hill Start Assist (HSA).
The Odyssey J suspension has been enhanced. The front suspension features lightweight struts and to reduce un-sprung weight the rear suspension features a torsion beam to increase rigidity. They both help combine the efficient use of space with smooth sedan like driving.
In addition, there are a total of 6 SRS Air Bags, driver and front passenger, side airbags and side curtain airbags from front to the third row providing the driver and all passengers optimal protection.
New to the 2018 Honda Odyssey J EX-V grade is the Honda SensingTM suite of safety and driver-assistive technologies, which provide alerts to drivers on potential dangers on the road and helps reduce driver fatigue. This includes:
- Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC): Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC), allows the driver to set a desired speed and following distance from a vehicle detected ahead, allowing the Odyssey J to adjust its speed automatically for a safe and comfortable journey.
- Collision Mitigation Braking System™ (CMBS™): To help reduce the likelihood of a frontal impact, the Collison Mitigation Braking System™ helps to bring the car to a stop if the system determines that a collision with a vehicle detected in front or a pedestrian is unavoidable. Audio-visual warnings are given, and if necessary, brake pressure is automatically applied.
- Forward Collision Warning (FCW): It scans the road ahead to warn drivers of a potential collision, and provides visual and audible alerts to prompt the driver to take corrective actions to avoid a potential hazard.
- Lane Departure Warning (LDW): It will detect if the car is straying out of its current lane without the turn signal activated, and provides an alert to prompt the driver to make a correction.
- Road Departure Mitigation System (RDM): It uses the windscreen-mounted camera to detect whether the car is straying out of its lane. It applies subtle corrections to keep the vehicle in its lane, and in certain situations can also apply braking force and provide a tactile warning by vibrating the steering wheel.
- Blind Spot Information System: It uses radar sensors in the rear bumper to automatically detect vehicles in the driver’s blind spot and alert the driver via a warning symbol inside the car.
- Rear Cross Traffic Monitor: Sensors at the rear corners of the Odyssey J warns the driver of approaching vehicles from both sides when reversing. The warning and direction of the approaching vehicles is displayed on the Display Audio Screen.
- Pedestrian Detection System: It warns driver of a potential collision with pedestrians with audible and visual warnings. It also provides autonomous braking to bring the vehicle to a stop as well as provide steering assistance to the driver to avoid collision.
- Lane Keeping Assist System (LKAS) ™: It helps to keep the car in the middle of the current lane, by detecting road markings with a monocular camera and making small adjustments to steer the vehicle within the lines.
Grade and Color Availability:
The 2018 Odyssey J has two grades namely EX and EX-V with leather for the GCC region. The 2018 Odyssey J will be available in a wide variety of exterior colors (given below) and an Ivory interior color.
- Platinum White Pearl
- Super Platinum Metallic
- Crystal Black Pearl
- Premium Spice Purple Pearl
- Carnelian Red Pearl
- Cobalt Blue Pearl
- Premium Twinkle Black Pearl