With the stormy weather across the UAE over the last few weeks and even more expected, driving conditions on the roads has become more dangerous. ACDelco is sharing some tips to make sure you keep yourself and your loved ones safe on the roads.
- Be prepared: The first, and most important, tip is to check your car is in top shape before setting off on your journey. In particular, check that your wiper blades are working as well as your front and rear lights. A couple of minutes checking before leaving the house will make a big difference once you hit the road.
- Check your weather app: the final check before you drive off, is to look up the expected weather so you’re aware of conditions throughout your journey and are less likely to encounter any surprises.
- Don’t drive with your hazards on: the UAE has now issued a law prohibiting driving with hazard lights on, as other drivers don’t know whether the indicator is being used to change lanes or as a hazard light, resulting in unnecessary confusion on the roads. Only use your hazards in an emergency situation.
- Use dip lights, not high beams: contrary to popular belief, high beams are not necessarily your best friend during low visibility as tiny water droplets reflect the light and distort visibility for you and other drivers. Instead, use dip lights to guide the way.
- Stay in your lane: when visibility is low and conditions are poor, it is best to stick to one lane until you need to change. When switching lanes, do so with caution making sure you have checked thoroughly for other cars in the nearby lanes.
- Keep your distance: while you should always keep a safe distance from the car in front, this is even more important in bad weather. Be aware of your surroundings and other cars on the road, both in front and behind you.
- Listen up: use sound as an indicator to compensate for the lack of visibility. Try rolling down your windows so you can hear other cars or emergency sirens.
- Better late than not at all: slow down! Match the speed of the car in front to ensure that you’re not forced to brake sharply. Give yourself plenty of time to get to your destination and remember that slippery roads and high speeds are not a good mix!
ACDelco wishes you a prepared and safe journey!
As a global leader in automotive replacement parts and related services, ACDelco offers more than 90,000 parts across 37 products lines, including but not limited to maintenance parts such as car and truck batteries, spark plugs, oil filters, air filters and brakes.
In addition to covering all of GM’s vehicles with auto parts of OE specifications, ACDelco Professional aftermarket auto parts and products also manufactures original and high-quality spare parts for many other auto makes and models, including Japanese, Korean, European and American brands, for which it offers fit, form and function at a more affordable price.