Dodge Middle East continues to push the boundaries of performance with the announcement that it is introducing the Challenger SRT® Hellcat Redeye, with 797 horsepower, to the region.
Following a record-setting year with the introduction of the limited-production Dodge Challenger SRT® Demon – the quickest, fastest and most powerful muscle car ever—Dodge//SRT® is going back to its muscle car roots by taking its biggest, most powerful engine—the supercharged HEMI® Demon V-8 – and leveraging its enormous power output to boost the performance of the Hellcat. The result: the 797-horsepower Dodge Challenger SRT® Hellcat Redeye Widebody, able to go from 0-100 kilometers per hour (km/hr) in just 3.4 seconds.
Like its Demon brethren, it has 25 major component upgrades, including a larger supercharger, strengthened connecting rods and pistons, high-speed valve train, fuel injection system and improved lubrication system. Compared with the standard SRT® Hellcat engine, the Redeye’s supercharged high-output engine features:
- Largest factory supercharger of any production car – 2.7 liters versus 2.4 liters
- Increased boost pressure: 14.5 psi versus 11.6 psi
- Higher rpm limit: 6,500 rpm versus 6,200 rpm
- Fuel: Two dual-stage fuel pumps versus one
- At full throttle, the Dodge Challenger SRT® Hellcat Redeye’s high-output engine consumes 5.4 liters/min of fuel—enough to drain the fuel tank in just under 11 minutes, yet is still rated at 10.692 L/100km when driven in normal highway conditions
- Larger induction air box with three sources of intake air:
- New dual-snorkel hood
- Driver-side Air Catcher headlamp
- Inlet near the wheel liner
Additional features from the SRT® Demon that help the Challenger SRT® Hellcat Redeye achieve its status as the most powerful, quickest and fastest muscle car:
- Torque Reserve delivers up to 3.9 psi of boost at launch and up to 55 percent more engine torque
- Only factory production car with both SRT® Power Chiller and After-Run Chiller
- High-strength steel prop shafts provide a 15 percent increase in torque capacity
- 41-spline half shafts provide a 20 percent increase in torque capacity
The New, SRT® Hellcat Redeye offers two final drive ratios, a standard 2.62:1 or available 3.09:1 for enhanced launch capability. The Challenger SRT® Hellcat line-up delivers improved performance numbers, including a new top speed of 327 km/h, making the Challenger SRT® Hellcat Redeye the most powerful, quickest and fastest muscle car.
Functional and intimidating exterior design
The newly designed, fully functional dual-snorkel hood provides maximum air intake to the supercharged powerplant and pays homage to the distinctive design themes from some of the most famous mid-1960s and early-1970s Dodge muscle cars, like the 1970 Dart Swinger and 1971 Demon.
In addition to the new dual-snorkel hood, the exterior of Challenger SRT® Hellcat Redeye receives enhanced badging showing a sinister red jewel-like eye design on the Hellcat that jumps off the Midnight Grey Metallic finish fender badge. A new die-cast SRT® emblem on the supercharger housing also features the new Redeye logo.
Dodge Challenger SRT® Hellcat line-up: more horses, expanded technologies and more features
From 717 to 797 horsepower, Dodge is delivering the most powerful Challenger SRT® Hellcat line-up ever, with automatic transmission available to handle the immense horsepower and torque output.
The Challenger SRT® Hellcat receives an efficient TorqueFlite 8HP90 eight-speed automatic transmission.
The Challenger SRT® Hellcat Redeye’s supercharged high-output engine is paired to the TorqueFlite 8HP90 eight-speed automatic transmission. Internal changes to the transmission include an upgraded torque converter that delivers an 18 percent increase in torque multiplication when compared with the standard Challenger SRT® Hellcat.
The Challenger SRT® Hellcat Redeye has several unique interior features, including:
- 340-km/h red speedometer
- SRT® Hellcat Redeye logo splash screen
- Light Black Chrome instrument panel badge with SRT® Hellcat Redeye logo
- SRT® Hellcat Redeye logo on the key fobs
The Challenger SRT® Hellcat Redeye is now available in Dodge showrooms across the Middle East.